Saturday 22 March 2008

365 / 215 - Scrap Pincushions

Staying true to my tendancy to be easily distracted by shiny new projects, last night I temporarily abandoned the textile art to begin some pincushions...
... I'm appliqueing large circles with little circles cut from the "waste" felt from my other projects. Small scraps become circles and the teeny tiny scraps will become pincushion stuffing! I made a start on this at Christmas, but have totally neglected it and with all the felt I've cut out this week I was starting to get overrun with scraps "to be used at some point"... so it seemed a good time to get started on them.
I'm very happy with how they're turning out so far - they're just how I pictured them in my mind, and the different sizes of the scraps mean the circles are turning out pleasingly random sizes which makes for a very natural looking scatter across the pincushion top. It's lovely to be able to put all that delicious colour to some use at last.

8 comments:

Annie said...

What a great way to use up the scraps! They look great so far, I love the red and orange one.

Lily Boot said...

Your colours are sooo lovely - your applique is my favourite kind!

Odds and Blobs said...

oh i think they are going to come out beautifully. gosh i cannot get over how gorgeous your creations are. you are one talented chicky!! :)

John said...

How fun and whimsical and happy ! Cute, cute.

bushra said...

hiya, how wide will the pincushions be?

Bugs and Fishes said...

Oops, forgot to mention the size! They're going to be quite wide, with room for lots of pins: about 8.5cm in diameter (just under 3 1/2 inches).

Lynell Shooks said...

i love that you're using the scraps to create more - fantastic closed loop process ;)

Anonymous said...

I found this blog,when I make the craft a key word and retrieve it.
Your work is fantastic!
And coloring of your work is beautiful.