Friday 7 March 2008

365 / 200 - Distracted by Teacups

Oh, it feels so good to have reached day 200!

Unfortunately I wasn't feeling too well yesterday. Luckily I had plenty of cherry blossom brooches to finish (nice simple task for the sleepy-brained), and plenty of Poirot dvds to watch (great stuff). I tried to make a start on clearing out some random crafty supplies from the spare room (you know, to make room for all this felt I keep buying) but instead got totally distracted...

I found an old tea-towel which I'd thrifted aaages ago for crafty purposes and just shoved in a drawer. I thought "I really ought to actually use this instead of just putting it back in a drawer again", took it downstairs and began to turn it into embroidered brooches:
I've stitched round all the cup and saucer outlines, "quilting" the images I guess, although they're sewn onto layers of felt not fabric and wadding. Each brooch is rather large (the saucers are all about 12 cms across), making them seriously striking, and each teacup is different. I love teacups so much that it will be very hard not to keep them all for myself, but I will try to be strong and start listing them in the shop very soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They're fab!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 200th day/post! That is a big mile stone. I love the tea cups. It is amazing what you can find in your craft drawers eh?

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I think these might bump the blue squirely brooch from my favs!

Unknown said...

these are adorable! i love the classic look of them.