Thursday 6 March 2008

365 / 198 & 199 - Beads and Beading

Apologies for my forgetfulness yesterday. It was pitch black by the time I remembered to take a picture, and flash photography makes for terrible pictures as far as I'm concerned! Here at last is my 365 pic from day 198:
My lovely new seed beads arrived! Wonderful. I made use of them that very day, as I had a batch of half-finished cherry blossom pins waiting to be embellished. My new beads have quite a limited colour-palette, being just soft pinks and peaches, whites and yellows, and they're all destined to adorn flower brooches of some kind in the future...

Then yesterday (day 199) I finished a few of the cherry blossoms and stitched a new version of the large cherry blossom corsage I made last year as a swap gift for the lovely (Japan-obsessed) greygoat.
The original corsage was what got me started making beaded flowers, and was the model for the cherry blossom pins I sell in my little shop. I very much want to work on designs for more elaborate corsages to add to my range, so I thought the sakura corsage was a good place to start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I lovvvve your pins. They are adorable as well as beautiful. Very inspirational for all us crafters.

Jess (aka LittleBunny) said...

that corsage is amazing. love your work.