My name is Laura "Lupin" Howard, I'm a crafty lady living in England who likes to make and do. I drink a lot of tea, am partial to a nice bit of cake and am completely obsessed with felt.
I've been selling my work online as Lupin Handmade since 2007. I used to sell handmade felt brooches, flower headbands, animal masks and other fun stuff... and I'm now turning my designs into a range of digital sewing patterns for people to use in their own projects. You'll find my patterns in my shop or on Etsy.
When I'm not making things, I'm usually writing about making things!
I've written two books about felt crafting, both published by CICO Books. My first book, Super-Cute Felt, was published in 2011 and my second book, Super-Cute Felt Animals has just been published.
I also share lots of free projects here on my blog and write tutorials for magazines and craft books like Mollie Makes: Feathered Friends, So Pretty! Felt, Fa La La La Felt, and Heart-Felt Holidays. You can see all my published tutorials here.
I blog about my business, and about my personal crafting adventures. I always have a long list of new makes on my to do list! I first discovered the joys of blogging back in 2007 when I started my Crafting 365 project to be crafty every day and blog about my progress. I think of my blog as a journal of my crafty life, and love how it's connected me to a whole community of amazingly creative and supportive people.
- Explore my archive of free crafty tutorials, including Christmas tutorials & creative gift wrapping ideas
- Check out all my craft book reviews and maybe find a new book to add to your crafty library
- Take a peek at my design process (from doodle to finished product) or learn how to design and make your own felt brooches with this beginner's guide to working with felt.
- Keep up with what I'm making! Follow my blog with Bloglovin', follow me on Twitter or become a fan of Lupin Handmade on Facebook .
- Advertise your shop or site on my blog with a sponsor ad (from just $5 for 30 days)
- Want to get in touch? You can contact me via my shop, or just leave a comment on my blog and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.