My name is Laura "Lupin" Howard, I'm a crafty lady living in England who likes to make and do. I drink a lot of tea, am partial to a nice bit of cake and am completely obsessed with felt.
I've been selling my work online as Lupin Handmade since 2007. I sell handmade felt brooches, flower headbands, animal masks and other fun stuff in my online shop plus digital sewing patterns for people to use in their own projects. I also have shops on Etsy, DaWanda and Folksy.
All my feltworks are 100% handstitched, and all pieces are cut by hand from my own original patterns. No mechanised cutters, no sewing machine and definitely no glue - just me and my scissors and a needle and thread. Oh, and quite a few cups of tea!
When I'm not making things, I'm usually writing about making things!
I've written two books about felt crafting, both published by CICO Books. My first book, Super-Cute Felt, was published in 2011 and my second book, Super-Cute Felt Animals has just been published. I'm currently selling signed copies of both books over in my shop.
I also share lots of free projects here on my blog and have written tutorials for magazines and various craft books including: Mollie Makes: Feathered Friends, So Pretty! Felt, Fa La La La Felt, and Heart-Felt Holidays. You can see all my published tutorials here.
I blog about my business, and about my personal crafting adventures. I always have a long list of new makes on my to do list! I first discovered the joys of blogging when I started my Crafting 365 project to be crafty every day and blog about my progress. I think of my blog as a journal of my crafty life, and love how it's connected me to a whole community of amazingly creative and supportive people.
- Check out all my craft book reviews and maybe find a new book to add to your crafty library
- Take a peek at my design process (from doodle to finished product) or learn how to design and make your own felt brooches with this beginner's guide to working with felt.
- Keep up with what I'm making! Follow my blog with Bloglovin', follow me on Twitter or become a fan of Lupin Handmade on Facebook .
- Advertise your shop or site on my blog with a sponsor ad (from just $5 for 30 days)
- Want to get in touch? You can contact me via my shop, or just leave a comment on my blog and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Please note: I participate in the Amazon Associates program, so if you follow a link to Amazon from this blog with my referral code in it and then make a purchase I receive a small percentage for the referral.
"Laura Howard is a participant in the Amazon EU & Amazon Services LLC Associates Programmes, affiliate advertising programmes designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk & Amazon.com"