Monday 24 March 2008

365 / 217 - An Assortment of Circles

I neglected to adjust my camera's white balance whilst taking photos today, and by the end the light had changed completely and so today's Crafting 365 photo is rather yellow:
As unsatisfactory as that photograph is, it will have to do because it is effing freezing today and I'm not going outside again to take more photos! Brrr! Instead I am warming my hands up with a nice mug of hot tea and shall tell you about yesterday's crafty efforts...

Yesterday was all about circles: stitching together the pink and blue textile art pieces ready for backing another day; starting work on the pastel mobile I cut out last week; and stuffing the remaining pincushions. I've used up a fair bit of the felt scraps I was hoarding (I maintain that I am "tidying" by making these pincushions but the boyfriend is having none of it), but there's still plenty lying about the place so there will no doubt be more to come. Here's the finished collection:So many circles! They'll all be listed in the shop this week - one is already parcelled up to go to a new home when the Post Office reopens tomorrow. I'm trying to work out the best way to adapt the circles-within-circles idea for a textile art piece but I've not yet settled on an idea I'm happy with so it'll have to wait. I'll let the idea percolate for a while and come back to it another time. Plenty to keep me busy in the meantime...

2 comments:

Guerilla Embroidery said...

I am LOVING these pincushions, I need a new one.............
I can't wait to get my swap
ps. what colours would you like your budgie to be?
x

pungsnotded said...

Pretty colors!