Monday 12 January 2009

Lots of Pictures

I am a bit bogged down with admin at the moment - I submitted my tax return at the weekend (due Jan 31st here in the UK, so finished in plenty of time: hurrah!) and am currently working through a giant pile of paper that needs filing. So, no crafty updates at the moment but I hope to be back sewing things soon!

In the meantime, I'd like to share some snaps of all the picture-hanging we've been doing recently :)

In our kitchen I finally framed and hung the awesome bird prints I bought from Geninne ...
... alongside a poster from Present and Correct and some vintage lovelies: advertising posters for British stamps (originally displayed in my granparents' village Post Office) and pages from a 1950s manual on how to be a good housewife that were just too awesome to hide away. The illustrations are of "How to Eat Wisely", "How to Sweep Clean" and "How to Kill the Fatted Calf" and are quite deliciously retro. Another of the walls in the kitchen looks like this:
Lots of Etsy purchases and other finds, including (right at the top) a lush vintage postcard of some lupins sent to me by the lovely Bombus. On the other side of the deliciously retro wall cabinet I've squeezed in prints and postcards by (from top) Alice Stevenson, Kate Wilson Angie Lewin and Hazel Nicholls:Our bathroom is a bit more sedate - nice sensible black and white prints! A Wedgwood blue and white bathroom with pictures of ships everywhere? Rather a cliche I know but it does look nice...I adore old ships and tales of explorers... and oh how I love that door!

We're starting to run out of wall space a little (though I have plenty more pictures that have no home!) so several have been squeezed into little corners like these at the top of the stairs...
(another vintage bit of stamp advertising, plus artwork by LittleRobot) and these (postcards by the always awesome Tom Gauld) in our hallway:

10 comments:

Gillian said...

I love all your prints and pictures - I have lots of 'things to be framed' lying around the house and have been inspired to root them out now!

Dee said...

Wow! you have some lovely prints, the bird prints at the top are especially beautiful.

Almay Alday said...

I love how you decorated! I can't believe you've already turned in your tax return! You're good!

Bagladee said...

I love the bird prints!! :)

Unknown said...

I love these prints and the birds! I want them for my kitchen!!

nickynackynoo said...

I love Angie Lewin's work. My favourite birthday card last year was of her "Moonlit Loch" print - so beautiful. Well done framing and hanging everything; we've lived here 8 years and many pictures are still unplaced!

marlenedesigner said...

I love your kitchen wall! Good Job!

jenna said...

Your decor is gorgeous - that door is especially jealousy-inspiring.

Alana Jo said...

I love that door too!
Mom has one similar in her basement.

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Wow!! How many pictures!! Very well decorated! Love them!