Monday 1 September 2014

Fabric Shopping: So Many Pretty Prints!

I have a confession to make. I am supposed to be keeping to a budget at the moment, balancing fun stuff like Nice Days Out with my savings goals... but this plan kind of went out of the window last month as I spent a ton of money on pretty fabric. Oops!

First I spent way more money at the Festival of Quilts than I'd planned, buying a whole bunch of fabric and other lovely things. Then (with my brain buzzing with ideas for projects I wanted to sew) I went on a post-Festival online fabric shopping spree, treating myself to some fabrics I'd fallen in love with at the Festival and a few others I just couldn't resist.

I bought...

Some pretty coordinating prints from Dashwood Studios "September Blue" collection.

 

Some "Folklore" by Moda. (My camera has totally failed to capture the true colours of the turquoise-y-looking fabrics! They're a lot more green "in real life").

 

Gorgeous moths by Jessica Swift (from "Harmony" for Blend Fabrics) and two colourways of Eloise Renouf's "Line Leaf" print (from "Bark and Branch" for Cloud 9 Fabrics).

 

Anchors and ships from "Nautique" (Robert Kaufman) and a super-cute "Under the Sea" print (Monaluna).

 

A couple of simple prints from Cotton & Steel's "XOXO" range, and a floral from "Annali" by Dashwood Studios.


I also bought some extra prints from Moda's beautiful "Folk Art Holiday" collection (after picking up a couple of fat quarters at the Festival of Quilts)...

 

... and a whole bunch of prints from Dinara Mirtalipova's wonderful "Swim Team" collection for Windham Fabrics.


Oh and I also bought a few TOP SECRET fabrics which I can't show you yet because they're going to be a Christmas present (shhhh...), and a Kona cotton shade card.

So much fabric!

All this shopping is very bad for my bank balance, but it will be hard for me to spend money when I'm busy spending all my time indoors sewing things from all this pretty fabric... so it'll all balance out in the long run, right?? :)

P.S. I did my shopping at The Village Haberdashery, The Fabric Loft, Plush Addict, M is for Make, Oh Sew Crafty and The Brighton Sewing Centre.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sew crafty is only a few mins drive from my house. It's a great shop! Could spend a fortune in there if I had it! Mandy x

Polly said...

I love the moth print! Looking forward to seeing what you make with these. I'm having a huge craft stash clear out at the moment which is thankfully dissuading me from buying any more fabric!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Mandy - wow, what a fab shop to have on your doorstep!

Polly - I am trying to clear things out too... but I am kind of terrible at clearing out crafty stuff. I'm thinking about setting myself a challenge to use up some of the stuff I've been hoarding :)