Wednesday 10 September 2014

Christmas Ornaments: In Progress

Remember those lovely Christmas ornament kits by Alicia Paulson that I started working on last month?

I finished a couple of the ornaments! Yay!


As you can see, I've finished the New-Fallen Snowflake and the Snowy Tree and I've almost finished the Cozy Cottage.

When I bought the kits I totally didn't realise that the ornaments were decorated on both sides. Some have a distinct "front" and "back" but for most of them you just make a mirror image of the front. So the snowflake and tree are just as pretty on the sides you can't see in this picture :)

I've learnt how to sew French knots so I could add some little white snowflakes to the tree, and this evening I'll be learning lazy daisy stitch so I can add the finishing touches to the cottage. Then it'll be time to choose the next ornament to sew...

Wanna sew your own? Alicia's ornament designs are available as kits or as digital patterns.

3 comments:

Gardelina said...

It´s beautiful!! Hope I´ll sew something like that someday :)
Greetings from Buenos Aires!
Valentina

Jessica said...

So pretty Laura - they are going to be so admired when they go on your tree :-)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks guys, I'm so pleased with how these are going... though I have started with the easiest patterns in the set, haha :D