Tuesday 30 December 2008

Bird-themed Treasure

Look what I found under the bed in the spare room!
How could I have forgotten about this? All those different charming birds! All those delicious bright colours!It is basically 100% amazing and has just been lying neglected in a suitcase.
My boyfriend reminded me that it was he who spotted this in a local charity shop and that I actually needed persuading to buy it. I can't imagine myself doing anything other than clutching it to me immediately and demanding we buy it no matter the cost (it actually only cost £2: bargain!), and definitely cannot countenance putting it back under the bed.
But what to do with it? Frame the four large cards, maybe? Any suggestions for framing them, or other things I might do with them and the loose lotto cards would be very gratefully received.

10 comments:

kathleen watson said...

Oh my goodness I want one of those games! It's beautiful. You should almost definitely have a few games of Lotto before you do anything creative with it!

LPFish said...

I would frame my favourite 'little lotto cards' but i love little framed prints all hung together in a cluster. Just charming my dear and sooooo.... you!

Tumus said...

I like the idea of using one card to cut out you favorite birds and using tiny frames to put on book shelves and nightstands. Any place that needs a boost of color :)

Like mini ACEOs!

Rebekah

Mary Kelly said...

good inspiration for more felty birdies

Amanda said...

I remember that game from when my boys were young (they're in their twenties now) and we bought it from a charity shop then. You could frame them with some paper patchwork around them, perhaps log cabin style.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Frame the big cards for yourself and turn the small ones into 'garlands' for sale....maybe put felty leaves or branches between the birds??? You could make it to hang in a window.....

Anna Betts said...

These are so divine! The colours remind me of some of my favourite ladybird book illustrations.
Frame them I say, but I would say that. or, how about making some of the small ones into coasters, if you can get your hands on some squares of perspex and sandwich the pics between perpsex and sticky-back flock?

SheCraftZ said...

the bird postage stickers i found are the same looking like these :))) that's why i knew you would like them!

Judith Claremon said...

Oh dear, many many moons later, so you might not even read this, but...you could try using that transfer paper to lift the image without harming the original, and then transfer it to paper or fabric, like for cards or dish towels, napkins, etc. It should work! Please let me know. You surely have a treasure there.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Oh, I like that idea Judith, thanyou!I know there's something you can use to transfer colour photocopies to fabric too - that could work really well (they'd made lovely little quilted or embroidered panels)...

Even though it was ages ago I've still not done anything with this except admire it, still waiting to find the perfect way to display/use them :)