Friday 12 October 2018

Autumn at Kew: Colour & Texture

Kew Gardens is full of loveliness in the autumn, and not just because of all the trees! Here's some of the gorgeous colour and texture I spotted on my autumn visit...
 
 

Some parts of the garden are fading at this time of year, while others are in full bloom and bursting with colour.


I was particularly charmed by this border. I don't know what kind of plants these are but they are rather wonderful, and not at all the usual shades I'd associate with autumn.


I loved this tree in the rock garden...


... these almost flame-like leaves...

 
... and these fabulous honey-coloured grasses.


They look so soft and fluffy, don't they?


There were still a few roses just clinging on in the rose garden. Fabulous bursts of colour popping up now and then like the memory of summer.


Plants take on a really sculptural quality in the autumn, don't you think?


In the spirit of leaving the best until last, my favourite autumnal find was this rather magical corner.


This is a lovely, peaceful spot all year round, with benches and a water sculpture within a circle of hedges. But with the leaves yellowing and illuminated by the warm autumn light? Truly wonderful, like something out of a fairytale.


Visit my crafty tutorial archive for lots of projects inspired by the magic of autumn.

Catch up on all my posts about Kew Gardens.

View my travel archive for lots more posts about my days out in London and around the UK.

2 comments:

bairozan said...

Beautiful autumn, beautiful pictures! And that secret cozy place is a great find :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

It was such a magical little corner! I love how many little special places there are at Kew, it's been so thoughtfully designed :)