Wednesday 17 October 2018

Weston-super-Mare in Pictures: July, August, & September 2018

Blimey, this year is going fast!

With nine whole months of 2018 finished already, it's time to look back at my seaside snaps from summer and early autumn....

This summer was kind of amazing. So much heat! So much sunshine! I've eaten a lot of ice-cream when out on my walks... and I've got accidentally suburned a few times, too (oops).

The main stretch of Weston's seafront has been totally packed with people,but there were still quiet spots to enjoy further along the beach...


... and up in the local nature reserve.


I've also really enjoyed getting to know some more of Weston's residential streets this summer, walking up and down and around in different areas looking at all the lovely houses. I particularly loved this house with its cheerful blue shutters...


... and this lavender-filled garden squeezed in between two roads.


As well as pretty houses and gardens, my camera roll has (as ever) ended up full of things like bins. I know photos like this are absolutely not everyone's cup of tea, but I love them! The different textures, shapes and colours of those walls, the way those bins look like two quirky little robots. So good.


Up the other end of the seafront, the old Victorian pier has been looking as moody as ever...


... and the old fort looking wonderfully overgrown.


Walking to the old fort up in Weston Woods, I passed this amazing door which I think is now my favourite door in Weston. Isn't it fabulous?


Now the heat of summer has passed and autumn is beginning to creep in. This track leading to the golf course was one of the first places to look properly autumnal...


... while summer was doing its best to cling on down at the beach!


On a recent walk to the village of Uphill, I photographed another fabulous door (or is it a gate?)...


... made some new friends up on the hill...


... and absolutely did not sit on this nettle-backed bench!



It continues to be a joy seeing how these familiar, much-visited places change and surprise me with the passing of the seasons, but I'm also trying to walk slightly different routes in search of new details and not-yet-noticed corners.

Most recently, I walked a different way past some sheds near the seafront and was completely smitten by these crumbling edges (and that glorious colour!).


I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year has in store...

Click here for my earlier seaside photo round-ups, and here to follow along on Instagram!

2 comments:

bairozan said...

Lovely scenery and pictures! Enjoy the last golden days of autumn!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks! We're being treated to some GORGEOUS weather at the moment, perfect for autumn walks.