Monday 16 January 2012

I Need More Walls

I've begun the long process of umming and aahing and arranging and rearranging that will end (eventually) with me having lots of lovely pictures on the walls in my bedroom and new studio space...

I got out all my artwork at the weekend, spread most of the smaller pieces out across my studio floor and spent a lazy few hours sorting them by colour, thinking about possible arrangements and measuring the unframed prints and posters ready for some frame-shopping.


These slightly blurry photos were taken for reference so I won't have to spread them all out on the floor like this again!


They are basically photographic evidence that Etsy is a very dangerous place - most of my "proper" art (not just postcards and pages from old books or magazines that I couldn't resist framing) has been bought via Etsy. I am forever finding awesome new artists on there to add to my "favourites", and as you can see I've already got more prints than I know what to do with. Oh well :)


(If you click on the photos you can see them on Flickr, where I've added some notes with the artists names in case people see something they like... if there's something I've not labelled, just give me a shout!)

12 comments:

Manu said...

ooh... the birds by geninne are soooo beautiful! they remind me of the splendid watercolours by Franco Testa, an italian illustrator (mostly know for the watercolours he makes for L'Erbolario, the best italian company of natural cosmetics in my opinion). thanks for sharing your framed treasures with us :)

beautiful square feet said...

You've got some really lovely pieces there! I especially like the grey owls in the first picture. Have fun frame shopping!

Anonymous said...

I love these, your walls will be very stylish indeed! :)

http://cardinalvirtues.blogspot.com/

Tumus said...

Still love the bird prints the best ^_^ I'm curious as to who is in the miniature Elizabeathen portrait in the first picture?

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous collection of art :D

Melissa Crowe said...

I see my friend Jen McGee in there!

M.M.E. said...

Oh goodness, your collection looks as large as mine. Haha. My boyfriend and I are both artists professionally so we have too many frames and not enough walls. Glad to see someone else loves art as much as I do!

Deb said...

Hello Laura. there are always things waiting to be found! I would suggest finishing it and maybe auction it off or sell it? I am sure someone would love it and the mix match of fabrics looks very nice. I am in the process of attempting to make a quilt in 2012 with the end result being an auction. x

elvvan said...

i love the birds. do you remember the name of the shop in etsy where you have bought them?

Bugs and Fishes said...

elvvan - do you mean the birds in the bottom photo? they are by Geninne, she has a shop on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/geninne

Bugs and Fishes said...

Tumus - it's a portrait of Mary of Guise, just a random postcard a friend sent me many many years ago that I always rather liked :)

elvvan said...

thank you very much, i really love the birds...