Tuesday 10 January 2012

Cosy Sisters

I knitted scarves for my sisters this Christmas... 

They got a long loop scarf each, knitted from fluffy faux-mohair yarn. One in black, and one in cloudy-blue...


... (the blue scarf can be seen in-progress here). I also knitted a third one for myself in a bright peacock-ish green. It is very very cosy but a ridiculously difficult colour to photograph! 

Then the moss green cowl I was knitting for myself turned out to have too high a wool content for me to wear it happily (when will I learn?) so instead it ended up being two cowls, one for each sister :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely, hand knit gifts are the best.

Shell said...

These scarfs look nice and cosy .. I've never knitted a loop one myself. Looks more convenient than trying to de-tangle yourself from the usual scarf. I love the mossy green colour :)

Magical Daydream said...

Ooh these look really soft and warm :)

x

Marielle

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks guys! I'd just been clothes shopping when I started making these, and had seen so many loop scarves / cowls / snoods in the stores I thought I'd give them a try... I think the loopiness definitely made them a bigger hit than an ordinary scarf would have been! :)