Tuesday 13 September 2011

Experimenting

You know when you get a sudden overwhelming urge to make something IMMEDIATELY...?

Well, I got one of those urges late last night. So instead of going to bed, I listened to a drama on the radio and did some experimental stitching.

A felt bead + some felt + speedy cutting and stitching = this flower:


I cut shapes at random and just used the first felt & thread I had to hand.


It was nice just making something from scratch without my usual steps of sketching, drafting a pattern and carefully planning colours... and I rather like how it turned out!

6 comments:

Melissa Crowe said...

The texture/dimensionality created by the petals is fantastic!

Randissen said...

Yup, it's so cute, I would wear in this cold danish autumn on all my black clothes

Anonymous said...

That's nice - I like the colour and crinklyness of the petals.

Lynn said...

Very pretty! Wish I had some of that designer blood in my body. LOL

Vanilla said...

This is beautiful! I love the symetry of the petals!!!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks guys! I love the texture of this too - I'm definitely going to see if I can make some more of them :)