Sunday 2 August 2009

Fantastic Fabric

I've been toying with some interior decor projects recently - because there's nothing like staring at the same four walls for a couple of weeks to make you want to redecorate!

With these projects (and a few others) in mind and with the magical power of wireless internet I have been doing lots of window shopping for fabric.

There's an increasingly amazing choice of hand printed and/or independently designed fabrics available (thanks in part to the rise of Spoonflower) , and many of my favourite makers have recently branched out into selling their own fabrics.

Betz White this week launched her organic fabric line, with the drop dead gorgeous "family cottage" collection:

Leanne Graeff is now selling delicious fabric based on her linoprints, including this super-cute house design:

Showpony also now offers fabric, handprinted onto organic, fair trade cotton. The "seasons" print (pictured) is available in summer and winter versions, with leafy trees and bare ones. Lovely!

Queen of the Teatowels (in my kitchen, at least!) Skinny Laminx now offers her "Sevilla Rock" collection by the quarter, half or full metre:

Michelle of Cicada Studio (whose "earthly delights" collection is currently top of my new-sofa-cushions-fabric wishlist) recently co-launched Cloud 9 Fabrics, a sweet range of organic cottons perfect for quilters and other crafters:

Browsing for fabrics I've also been very tempted by the "doiliez" pattern from Swanky Swell...
... this "birch forest" design from Ink and Spindle (guess who has a thing for robins egg blue at the moment!) ... ... these charming scrap fabric packs from Of Paper and Thread (perfect for small crafty projects) ...... and having seen the work-in-progress over on her blog, I'm very much looking forward to the new design from the always awesome Lucie of Summersville: So much to choose from! Which is your favourite? :)

20 comments:

Ticking stripes said...

Loving the leafy tree prints! Hope you're feeling better. I must go to the Womens magazine exhibition - didn't know about it- thanks for sharing.

Pomona said...

The birch forest has a wonderfully ethereal quality - but I think it's quite hard to choose! They are a fantastic selection of really different fabrics. Glad you are back in the land of the living, though!

Pomona x

Tumus said...

I really adore Show Pony and Cicada Studios they are really lovely prints ^_^
Nice selection of sellers as I did not yet know a few of them so I'll have to check them out!

Jennifer Rose said...

i love that bird fabric! but it all is gorgeous :)

karenshopes said...

Ooo I love them all but the Bright
Colours of the Betz White fabric is fab.
Karen

Helen Smith said...

I think the birch forest is my favourite - but Lucie Summers' fabric comes a close second...

Unknown said...

I love the one from Australia, from Ink&Spindle. Beautiful blue forest.

jennifer | the make lounge said...

Great post!

We really wanted to stock the new Betz White when our shop opens but, sadly, no UK distribution (yet?). :(

none said...

just the word 'spoonflower' is enough to make me start dribbling like a loon. mmmm fabric, I love them all... fabric. dribble.

Helen said...

All fab but it's Showpony's 'Seasons' that are my top choice at the moment. Funnily I was just looking at these yesterday and thinking about trousers for my little boy!

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

These are all exquisite! Like a lot of people, I think I like the birch forest one best though . . .

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Thanks for letting us know about such great fabrics. So lovely.

Unknown said...

OMG so pretty ... i really don't need any more fabric, but all these are so tempting !!

Anonymous said...

The trees from showpony for me!

Fabric Nation said...

It's hard to choose. I think I like Leanne's as it still has that lino print feel to it.
Have you seen Jane Foster's too?

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Thanks for the highlight! Nice to be grouped with such talent.

Maryse said...

I too love Spoonflower.What a wonderful way for design wannabees to start out....Watch out for my new designs too.Hope you feel better soon...

Bugs and Fishes said...

Glad it's not just me with a fabric addiction! ;)

Fabric Nation - thanks for letting me know about Jane Foster's fabric... I love her work!

polka said...

I love betz white's fabrics think I saw an article in sew hip magazine its just so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Thanks for including the "doiliez" fabric! Great roundup!