Monday 2 March 2009

Keep Your Moustaches Tidy

Sometimes, I think that my boyfriend invites people round just so he can get me to tidy away all my sewing gubbins (normally spread across all available surfaces). I can't really argue, as table tops covered with rows of moustache-disguises-in-progress (whilst a conversation starter in some circumstances) are probably best tidied away for business meetings!I'm currently using little bags to store all my "in progress" pieces - you can see my batches of brown and black moustaches in the top of the photo, already packed. It's really nice to be able to store everything and leave things until later, especially if I'm in the mood to just cut lots of things out instead of sewing one project right through, or when I don't have the right materials to get things finished, and when I want something to sew there's always a bag of pieces waiting for me...

3 comments:

Brook said...

I make felt moustaches as well! I made a bunch of ornaments and now I have a bunch cut out for brooches! hahah! I love moustaches!

Tumus said...

I know what it's like to not want to sew a whole project all the way thru :lol: and you'd rather just cut stuff out. I have a batch of new kitties that need embroidering that I haven't gotten around too but they're only half cut out. What's with me.

Also I think I'm becoming more partial to the wool blend felt as opposed to the crafting felt. Seems to cut much much nicer.

Anonymous said...

To be fair, the chap who was round yesterday did seem genuinely interested (although he assumed you were making them for a costume party).