Tuesday 9 October 2007

365 / 56 - An Umbrella and Two Cups of Tea

UPDATE: sew your own little felt teacup brooches - printable PDF pattern now available from my shop, or in my Patreon pattern library.

Subscribe to get instant access to a growing library of PDF embroidery patterns and craft tutorials, and updates when I add something new!

-------

These are the subjects of my new brooches, look:
Yesterday at work we had rather a slow patch and I used the time most productively sketching out ideas for new felt brooches and ornaments. Of course once I'd got all my ideas worked out (I had already started picking out the felt and thread in my mind) I couldn't resist starting to make them the moment I got home. Here they are next to the original sketches - a horrible photo as it was so overcast and rainy today that the light was that annoying blue - you can just see some of the other ideas I am tossing around my brain at the moment...

The umbrella pairs up with my cloud brooch in my mind, and I've been wanting to make little felt teacups for just ages. I am planning some more tea-themed brooches as I'm very pleased with how those two turned out (I might have to put in less "tea" next time though as I think the cups look a little like they would spill at any moment!). Mmm, tea...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great new brooches!

Swirlyarts said...

Love the spotty cup brooch! There's just enough tea in those though - it would all get sucked up by a Hob Nob anyway :)

Blooming Felt said...

Love the spotty felt. Can we get it in the UK? I've tried everywhere but no-one seems to stock it :o( Sarah x

Bugs and Fishes said...

The patterned felt is from Hobbycraft - they do mailorder from their Gloucester store (there's a phone number on their website I think) if you don't have a branch near you :)

Jenipher Lyn said...

Your doodles are master pieces. I would frame that sheet of paper you prolly have so many of.

I really adore your work. Keep up the great work!!