Saturday 22 September 2007

Crafting 365 / 39 - felt is too distracting...

I really needed to be doing other things last night - specifically, my house could really do with a good tidy... We are not yet tripping over the mess but it's heading swiftly in that direction! Instead of tidying or doing anything else on my To Do list I instead got totally distracted and made three new things out of felt:1) A teeny little apple pin, my entry for this month's UK Etsy sellers challenge (theme of, yes you've guessed it, apples). Each of those pips is about 7mm long.

2) A little cloud brooch which was meant to be my entry for last month's challenge (theme: clouds - I take these things rather literally, don't I?). Unfortunately August was just crazy and I didn't have the time to sit down and work out exactly what I wanted the brooch to look like. Rather appropriately one of the reasons why I was so busy in August was all the rain & flooding we had here! I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out, especially the lovely soft blues with that grey, and I was in the mood to do very precise little stitches last night so it came out really well (to my eyes, anyway!). I may well try some more of these little "picture" style brooches, watch this space.

... and finally, just at the edge of the picture is 3) A secret surprise gift for someone. I have been meaning to make this for just ages and now the person's birthday approacheth... I will post a picture of it when it has been received!

0 comments: