Saturday 29 February 2020

A Wonderful Vintage Cross Stitch Booklet

Talking of my recent Instagram sales, last weekend I sold an utterly wonderful vintage cross stitch pattern booklet.

 

It got snapped up super quickly but it was so lovely I feel like it needs to be immortalised here on my blog so you can a) "ooooh" over its gorgeousness and b) know to buy it for yourself IMMEDIATELY if you ever come across a copy!!!

 
"Points de Croix Scandinaves" was published by the thread company DMC and OH MY GOSH IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. It's got some lovely Christmas and Easter designs, some nice borders and useful alphabets, and pages of fruit and toys plus some charming ships and buildings... but it's the wildlife pages that just slay me.

Those mushrooms alone!! Just magnificent.

I also adore these birds and butterflies...


... and these lovely wildflowers (can you spot the cricket?)


I'd be hard pressed to pick a favourite design, but I have a lot of love in my heart for the floral wreath with the little bee. So delightful!


Which one's your fave?

0 comments: