Wednesday 1 September 2010

Crafty Pictures

I got this cute card from a friend for my birthday this year, and I thought it was just too nice to recycle so I added it to my "pictures to buy frames for" pile.


I found it again recently when planning some long-overdue shopping for frames and was inspired to do a bit of window shopping for more sewing-themed prints (to decorate the craft room of my dreams!). Here are some of my favourites...

Sewing Mends the Soul by hellomonkey:


Vintage Sewing Collection by runningwithcrayons:


Vintage Sewing Kit by clareowendrawing:
Also spied in her sold items - a lovely Make Do and Mend print:


Make Do and Mend by farouche:


Make Do and Mend (letterpress printed onto vintage dressmaking paper!) by printfortheloveofwood:


And finally, not a print at all but some lovely fabric I'm adding to my wishlist ...

Retro Sewing Print Fabric from TamsynG:

8 comments:

The undomesticated scientist said...

i too wish i had a craft room, when i win the lottery...........

flowerpress said...

I love all of these, especially clareowen's.
Reminds me of this lovely treasury I'm in: http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c6dcac8f0796d91749b6d5e/a-stitch-in-time?index=8

Martina said...

So nice! They would make a lovely sewing themed wall in pretty frames - maybe from the flea-market? :)

A Time for Stitching said...

What a gorgeous collection The top one is from Phoenix cards and I gave my mother the exact same one for her birthday this year.
Teresa x

Mary said...

What a great birthday card. I love all the vintage pictures and photos. I wish I had a craft room, but I will dream on.

Crooked Sister said...

Your little post just reminded me of a lovely print I came across today on Etsy that fits your theme. Here is the link:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55266648/sewing-machine-giclee-fine-art-print

Isn't it darling? If I ever have a craft studio I would decorate with all sorts of prints and artwork like this!

Dichohecho said...

When I have pictures & postcards I like but don't know what to do with I clip them onto a piece of string I have hung across my room like a washing line. When I have too many on there I put them in a photo album :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the links guys - there are so many nice sewing-themed things on Etsy, aren't there? Oh to have a craft room to put them all in...

Love the idea of a washing line with pictures on it. I might have to start rotating the prints on my walls soon, I'm really starting to run out of space!!