Sunday 25 May 2008

365 / 260 - Flowers in my Hair

I'm all about draping myself in felt this week. Last night's felty task? Making my very first batch of hairbands:
Those flowers had been kept back (almost finished) from my big batches of brooch making last month... they were supposed to be sewn onto felt cuffs but I didn't get round to it and my enthusiasm for making hairbands took precedence!

I think I spent more time traipsing round town trying to find the right sort of hair elastics to use than I did in actually sewing them together but it did feel like I spent my whole day on these and it was most satisfying when I tried the first one on:
Again, I'm not the most glamorous of models (look at that smirk! haha) but you get the idea! They are so pretty, I want to keep them all for myself and I'm already working on a few more... Hopefully the light will be better for photos tomorrow (so overcast today) but I've managed to list a couple already over on Etsy. I'm interested to see whether the listing with the flower close up gets many more views than the one with my mugshot...

3 comments:

Rusulica said...

they are beautiful!
and, i vote for the close-ups! :)

Anonymous said...

This is such a nice happy blog. Thanks for brightening up my day!

Aglaya said...

Oh I love them! They're too cute :)

And it surely is a nice happy blog. Love it!