Monday 5 October 2009

Waste Not Want Not

I've been knitting lots of little hats for the Big Knit, and accumulating lots of short, scrappy bits of yarn in the process. I couldn't let all that yarn go to waste, could I?

The very short pieces have been stashed away for future pincushion stuffing, and I'm using the longer pieces as strings for some homemade gift tags:All the tags have been made from scrap card, offcuts of giftwrap and other papers too nice to just throw away. I do like a nice bit of thrifty crafting, and I always need lots of tags and mini cards to use when sending out my orders.

3 comments:

paperpocket said...

This is such a great idea. I love anything that recycles little bits and pieces. I have a whole drawer of random bits waiting for a new purpose in life!

xoxo

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Yes, what a great idea!! I've used old christmas cards as book markers, but they don't as cool as your tags.

Anonymous said...

And it's always nice for buyers to get lovely cards with our orders too!