Wednesday 27 October 2010

Coloured Threads

In an attempt to help me be able to find things a bit more easily I've been re-organising my sewing supplies.

I've got two mini chests of drawers from IKEA that I (like many crafters around the world, I suspect!) use for storing my small bits and bobs for sewing. Some of the drawers didn't even close any more because they were overflowing with ribbons and miscellaneous haberdashery gubbins... but now they're neat and tidy and there's a place for everything! Hurrah!


This neatness has mostly been achieved by clearing out lots of the random stuff I'm hoarding for mystery Blue-Peter-style craft projects in the future (now safely tucked away under the bed in the spare room), leaving room for the day-to-day supplies I need regular access to like buttons and beads and tape measures and sewing thread (sorted by colour, of course).

8 comments:

Pene said...

Yes I have two of said chests and just like yours they are overflowing with "vital" stuff. Must be a crafter thing
Pene x

Islay said...

Well done! I'm in the midst of a workroom tidy up, and plotting an Ikea trip any day now. My storage has become a bit of a family joke...

frou-frou said...

Oh I am very impressed with your colour-coordinatedness! Please send some of your organisation skills my way!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh i love those little drawers, my son has some with fossils in but I want them really :-) hhmm do you think if he will notice they have gone :-)

Gill said...

I have 2 of these ikea chests as well!! Do they still sell them - they're so useful
Gill

Unknown said...

I really need to take a leaf out of your book! Lol! My sewing box is total chaos!

Charlotte said...

Lol I did exactly the same thing the other day, was very relieved to see my cotton looking all neat...plus it was a great excuse for some colourful photo!

Me, You and Magoo said...

I have some of those storage cabinets from Ikea, and yes, I can hardly shut the drawers on mine either. I need to do a clear out!