Inspired by last week's Guest Post - a review of Abby Glassenberg's book Stuffed Animals: from concept to construction - today I'm sharing a round-up of links to 12 fantastic free softie patterns.
1. DIY Nessie - We Lived Happily Ever After. Make your own Loch Ness Monster!
2. Mr Ted - Craft Schmaft. A modern take on the classic teddy bear.
3. Animal Bean Bags - Tried & True. Who knew cubes could be so cute?
4. DIY Handmade Walrus - The A & B Stories. I love his tusks!
5. Stuffed Marshmallow - Wild Olive. Super simple and SUPER cute.
6. Playful Stuffed Crocodile - Sew 4 Home. Those teeth! So great.
7. Donkey Softie - Myra Masuda, on the Etsy Blog. Love the ears and the cute eyes!
8. Myrtle the Turtle - The Purl Bee. Make use of some of that pretty fabric in your stash.
9. Superhero Soft Toy - Lisa Tilse at CraftTuts+. Easy to customise to create a personalised gift.
10. Stegosaurus - Nuno Life. My favourite kind of dinosaur.
11. Plush Fox Dolls - A Beautiful Mess. Every sofa needs a fox cushion!
12. Kawaii Yeti Monster - Amanda Tepie at CraftTuts+. Just adorable.
Got the toy-making bug and want to learn how to design and make your own softies? Check out the review of Stuffed Animals by Abby Glassenberg I shared last week. Abby also has lots of fun free sewing tutorials on her blog, While She Naps.