Monday 10 March 2014

Coming Soon: Another Crafty Tutorial Link-Up!

Remember last year's awesome Crafty Christmas Tutorial Link-Up?

Well, everyone put together such fab projects that I thought it would be fun to organise a spring/summer link-up too! This time round the theme will be FLOWERS and we'll all be sharing our tutorials in May.

I know May is a while away, but I wanted to give you guys a bit more advance warning this time round to give everyone who wants to take part the chance to work on their designs and get the tutorials finished in plenty of time (things were a bit rushed last year as it was all a bit of a last-minute scheme!).

Flower-themed tutorials from my archive


Want to take part?

Step 1: Send me a message to let me know what your blog address is, and that you'd like to join in the fun. You can contact me HERE

Step 2: Design a tutorial! The tutorial should have a floral theme and should be new, not a repost from your archives. Any and all crafty techniques are welcome - we had a great selection last time! Baking / cake decorating projects, embroidery or cross stitch patterns, and printables would also be lovely.

Never written a tutorial before? Check out my (currently still in-progress) series on how to write a craft tutorial for some tips on getting started, taking notes, taking step by step photos, and taking photos of the finished project, editing your photos and drawing any illustrations.

Step 3: Email me a photo of your finished project by Monday 12th May (I'll be sending all of these to everyone taking part so they can use them in their link up posts). 

Step 4: Share your crafty tutorial on your blog on Monday 19th May.

Step 5: I'll put together a list of everyone's projects and email you asap so you can put the links in a blog post (ideally on Tuesday 20th May) and share the crafty love.

If you have any questions, do let me know!

3 comments:

Manu said...

Brilliant idea, Laura! Last year's crafty link-up was so much fun, you can definitely count me in for this one, too! Flowers is a G-R-E-A-T theme! I already have a couple of projects in mind, involving petals and leaves and pretty colours... :)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited about this one. The Christmas one was so great to see all the different projects people came up with. I can't wait to see what great projects will come around this time!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks ladies! It was a lot of work putting last year's link-up together but totally worth it and sooo much fun seeing what everyone came up with for their projects.

We've got 10 people signed up so far (and me too, of course!) I'm really looking forward to seeing all the floral-themed things people make :)