Monday, 16 December 2013

Snowmen Embroidery Patterns

So... my books signing ended up being a little quiet! It was lovely to chat to the people who did come by, but it was a bit of a slow day.

Luckily I was able to take advantage of the quieter patches to do some brainstorming for new Christmas designs - the wonderful choir performing carols a few metres away from where I was based definitely helped get those festive creative juices flowing! I also handed out lots of projects sheets, which I hope will help people get crafty this Christmas :)

One of the sheets I handed out was full of festive embroidery patterns, including the mistletoe and angel designs I've shared here on my blog. I also included some simple Christmas designs that I'm planning on stitching as part of a series of embroidered felt ornaments.

Once I've (eventually) had a chance to stitch them I'll be sharing the whole set with you guys but in the meantime I thought you'd enjoy the few I included on my pattern sheet at the weekend.

I'll be sharing two more designs later this week but first: some snowmen!

Click here to view the template sheet in another tab or window. Make sure you're viewing it full size then print it at 100%.

I'm thinking about stitching this design in white (using backstitch) on a colourful felt background (something festive like red or green) but you can, of course stitch your snowmen any way you fancy! Each snowman fits inside a 4 inch embroidery hoop, though I would prefer to use a slightly larger hoop when stitching these.

These designs were based on my Felt Snowman Ornament. For more festive project ideas, check out my archive of free Christmas Tutorials.

For even more crafty goodness, check out my books: Super-Cute Felt and Super-Cute Felt Animals.


Fabiana Strehlow said...

Muito bom!

Lazos y Picunelas said...

Muy bonitos, gracias!!

Mim said...

Sorry to hear your book signing was a bit quiet, but I did want to drop you a line and let you know that I would've come if I could've! I'm a terrible blog lurker, and I've never commented before, but I've been reading your blog for years now and just adore your work. I saw your book at a craft store here in Colorado (in the US) the other day, so you're doing something right. :-) Keep it up, lady - you're awesome!

BugsandFishes said...

Thanks for your kind words, Mim! I am a total lurker on other peoples blogs myself :)

I hope you'll continue to enjoy my crafty ramblings xx


Related Posts with Thumbnails