Saturday 28 December 2013

Christmas Presents To Myself

Did you get anything nice for Christmas? I got some lovely gifts, but I also decided to treat myself...

Most of the money I got paid to write Super-Cute Felt Animals is earmarked for boring but important stuff like paying bills (the joys of being a grown-up, eh?) but I wanted to buy myself something nice as a little celebration / pat on the back for getting all that work done this time last year.

I thought what could be more appropriate than using some of the money I earned writing a book to buy some books?


It was tricky deciding what to buy, but in the end I mostly plumped for books by makers, artists and bloggers whose whose work I've been admiring / blogs I've been reading for years and years.  

Decorate by Holly Becker & Joanna Copestick

Embroidery Companion by Alicia Paulson

Quilt Improv by Lucie Summers

Design Sponge at Home by Grace Bonney

Making an Impression by Geninne D. Zlatkis

Make Hey! While the Sun Shines by Pip Lincolne (regular readers may remember that I bought this a few months ago, but I've been saving it for the holidays!)

and Scandinavian Stitches by Kajsa Wikman.

I also bought a copy of Homeward Bound by Emily Matchar. I've read soooo many blog posts and articles discussing this book since it came out in the spring, I thought it was high time I actually read it for myself!

9 comments:

PetraB said...

This is a wonderful collection of books. Wishing you a very enjoyable time.

aeljot said...

Great collection. This books will be a great inspirations :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks ladies, I am really looking forward to getting lost in these books! :)

Martha said...

Fabulous books, lovely presents :)
Ive got my own copy of "Scandinavian Stitches" - I love it - lots of quirky sewing projects.

LindyLaine said...

I treated myself to "Making an Impression" too! Also "Sharing Stitches" by Chrissie Grace - they are both great books full of inspiration :)

Wishing you a Very Happy New Year!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Martha - it is a lovely book, isn't it? :)

LindyLaine - ooh, I will have to look that one up! Happy New Year to you too xx

RetroSandie said...

There's nothing better than adding to one's craft book library! I just love to!!!!!

Leanne at Knit me a cake said...

Oooo, they all look so interesting! Keep us posted on how you get on with them on; I may have to treat myself to something in the new year!

Bugs and Fishes said...

I will try, Leanne! Sooo many craft books to review, so little time :)