Monday 23 December 2013

Last Minute Crafting

Have you made any Christmas gifts this year? I made one - a pair of grey & blue wristwarmers for my sister, knitted with some of the yarn I had left over from knitting my sky blanket.

Unfortunately, crafty disaster stuck a few days ago: I managed to snip a hole in one of the wristwarmers while I was sewing it up! It couldn't be rescued and I didn't have any more yarn left to knit a replacement. Oops. (Top tip: if you make a mistake because you're tired, don't try and fix that mistake with scissors when you're still tired. It probably won't end well).

I decided to take this as a sign from the universe that the wristwarmers were insufficiently awesome, so I went to John Lewis to buy some new, more awesome yarn:


It has sparkly silver bits in it! Woohoo!

Fingers crossed I can get the new pair knitted in time for Christmas morning :)

11 comments:

Charlotte said...

that yarn is indeed spectacular!

homemade@myplace said...

beautiful yarn!!!! Imagine the wrist warmers!!!!!
xxxxx Ale

Lee said...

Very pretty yarn! Sorry about the mishap w/ the first pair! I think we all have done some things like that!

Nilgün Komar said...

beautiful yarn!

Unknown said...

Good luck on getting it done, that yarn is beautiful!

Sandra said...

Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo, un gran abrazo desde Tenerife.

Kay said...

I think we have all had crafting disasters!! The new yarn does look lovely though, and hand made gifts are always the best. Thank you for another year of a wonderful blog. Happy Christmas.

Vilje Vanilje said...

I loooove the yarn! Too bad about the first pair, but these look great! Have a nice holiday!

Anonymous said...

Laura,

I just unwrapped "Super Cute Felt Animals" for Christmas. It's sooooo cute! Now I've got both your books. It's crafty heaven at my house right now.

Happy Holidays!

~Heidi

Silly Little Sheep said...

Lovely yarn!!! Mistakes do happen, thats when I know its finally time to go to bed, no matter how enjoyable the activity is. Otherwise it wont end well :D

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! It's hard to capture just how fab the yarn is - it's like the night sky, so pretty :)

Glad it's not just me who has crafty hiccups like this!!

Heidi - yay! I hope you'll have lots of fun sewing the animals xx