Saturday 22 December 2012

Winter Skies

A while ago I blogged about my sky blanket and said something like "I'm determined to keep up to date with the squares so I can finish the blanket by the end of the year". Keep up to date with a project in my busy season?? Foolishness!


There's just a few more days to go before I stop recording sky colours for the blanket (the last day = the 25th, which I know isn't the actual end of the year but it's the only way to get a blanket that's a rectangle) but I've not sewn a square onto the blanket since mid-late November, and am also quite a way behind with knitting the squares. I'll get there eventually :)

3 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I have been enjoying your knitting, you have done lots of squares. The colors are so pretty.

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous project! I'm planning on starting my own sky blanket on New Year's Day! How many stitches did you cast on & how big did you make the squares?

Bugs and Fishes said...

Jen - I knitted 2 strands of DK yarn at once so the squares are quick quick to knit. I cast on 12 stitches onto 6mm needles & knitted 10 rows and then cast off :)