Tuesday 22 December 2009

Christmas Baking

Our kitchen has been taken over today by a frenzy of festive baking! So much fun.

(I wanted to take some pictures as I went along to record some of the madness but my camera batteries died after the second photo. Sorry!)

I've been making yummy muesli brownies (a staple treat in our house), my first batch of mince pies of the season and lots of lovely rich chocolate biscuits - "Granny Boyd's Biscuits" from Nigella Lawson's fab book How To Be A Domestic Goddess. Some of them have already been eaten (nom nom nom) but most are destined to be Christmas gifts.

I've been hoarding little plastic containers for a few weeks (from things like supermarket cherry tomatoes) and each one will be filled with baked goodness then wrapped in clingfilm, tied with ribbon and finally topped with a tag detailing the contents including all the ingredients in case of allergies.

There's a bit more baking to be done first though - and so much washing up....

3 comments:

Tumus said...

We just did WAY too much peanut butter fudge in our house last night. I feel like i'm bathing in sugar and nuts at this point lol, but it's SOOOOO delicious.

Karina-Project K said...

good luck in your kitchen the next couple days! I'll be baking my heart out as well, I had all intentions of doing it earlier...
happy holidays, love your blog I'm a regular reader.
cheers
Karina

Amanda said...

How fun! I love Christmas baking! Sooo many yummy choices!