Saturday 5 December 2009

This used to be a sweater...

... but I don't think it'll keep you very warm now! :)
This is my entry for Folksy's Upcycle Christmas competition - listed in my Folksy Shop with just a few hours to spare before the deadline. Phew!

It's a vintage-inspired cocktail hat / fancy fascinator made from wool felt and decorated with lots of sparkly beads:It started life as an old sweater that shrank in the wash (a kind gift from a neighbour) and a couple of bracelets that have been languishing in my jewellery box since I was a teenager (many years ago now!)You can read more about it & see more photos HERE and if you're a member of Folksy please add it to your favourites if you like it - the item with the most votes by Thursday evening will win the "peoples choice" prize. It's not currently for sale but will be included along with all the other Upcycle Christmas entries in an online auction being held to raise money for Sue Ryder Care. The auction begins on December 7th, I'll post details as soon as I know them so you can go bid on any of the entries that have caught your eye...

12 comments:

Flora said...

It's wonderful - I love the look of the felted wool.

Gloria Leandro said...

I DISCOVERED YOU TODAY...you are just my mithos! complimenti cara mia!

Anonymous said...

Coolest sweater conversion I've seen all year!

treaclezoo said...

I like it - it's very pretty & has a very Lupin feel to it :)

Amanda said...

How pretty! I love the vintage feel of it. And the fact that it is upcycled just makes it that much more awesome!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! And I love the haircut, too :)

S said...

It's a beautiful colour - whoever wears it will get loads of lovely comments. I'm making crocheted and felted bowls from old sweaters. It's a messy job unravelling them though.

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

It turned out beautifully!

Tumus said...

quite nice!

Rachel said...

New to your blog and I love it! Thanks for all the crafty inspiration!!

stellabellaboutique.esty.com

Alison said...

Wow, I never would have guessed it's origins, you did a fantastic job :)

Savi said...

I love it..In my eyes you're always a winner and an extremely talented one at that!

wish I had instructions on how to make this as I have a couple of shrunken sweaters I'd love to upcycle :o)

keep 'em coming