Wednesday 31 December 2008

Looking Back

One of the very best things about blogging, and taking pictures of all my crafty projects is being able to look back over the months gone by and see just what I've been doing with my time!

Here's 2008 in pictures (two photos per month) .... click on it to view it larger, or follow the links to the individual photos:1. Crafting 365, day 140 - finishing some brooches and starting some others, 2. Crafting 365, day 160 - Violets, 3. Crafting 365, day 173 - pink teacups, 4. Crafting 365, day 184 - Tasty Cakes, 5. C365, day 207 - Rainclouds, 6. 365 / 212 - 320 pieces of Felt, 7. C365, day 233 - little felt rainbows, 8. C365, day 234 - Catching Up, 9. Floral Hairbands (Crafting 365 day 260), 10. Catching up: days 238-242 : a field of poppies, 11. Corsages (Crafting 365, day 269), 12. Masks (C365/275), 13. Secret Swap: sent, 14. Flower-y Hair, 15. Tiny Trees and Crafty Cakes (C365, day 326), 16. Needlework (C365, days 332-5), 17. Snowy Owl!, 18. Birds! - Crafting 365, day 365, 19. Ornithology, 20. Ribbon Heaven!, 21. British Vogue..., 22. Pompom Parcels, 23. Snowflake Curtain, 24. First Batch Finished...

2008 has had its ups and downs for me - over a month without the internet, meeting Doctor Who, totally failing at my Design A Day project (partly due to internet troubles but mostly just due to life getting in the way ... very inspiring while it lasted though and I will definitely be revisiting the suggestions in the new year!), completing my Crafting 365 project (albeit a little late), all sorts of lovely features (including my first appearance in real live magazines) making lots and lots and lots of stuff (see above!) plus all the other things that've gone on inbetween.

I am incredibly pleased with the progress of my little business and this blog during 2008. Looking back at what I was making and selling a year ago, I feel like my crafty universe has completely transformed - and taken over the house in the process, as my boyfriend would no doubt point out!

2008 has been a year of huge inspiration, so many crafty projects & schemes, and more felt than you can shake a stick at. The support of the crafting community (my lovely fellow Etsy sellers, all my lovely blog readers and Flickr friends, plus all my wonderful customers of course!) has been invaluable in giving me feedback, confidence-boosts and good advice. Basically you make it possible for me to carry on doing this and I love you all.

I will stop gushing now, but basically: hurrah for 2008, and here's to a super-crafty 2009!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!!

Pair of Writers said...

Happy New Year - here's to great things in 2009!

BlueTerracotta said...

I'm glad I discovered your shop and many other lovely etsy shops in 2008! Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2009!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Here's to another great year of feltiness then. HNY!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! I follow your blog for a few months and I have realized that you have evolved into a more confident, original and creative crafter. I wish you all the best for the new year!

Mlle Miracle said...

I wish you another great year of craftinness! Thanks for inspire us!

Chris said...

Yes, and I'm thankful for finding your site, and all your lovely work!

Happy 2009 to you!

Unknown said...

Look forward to more from you in 2009 ;-) Happy New Year

Rhiannon said...

First off - OH MY GOD! YOU MET DAvID TENANT! (I hadn't discovered you at that stage so had NO idea. Very very jealous!)
Also, I remember seeing your teacups in British Vogue - I can't remember if that's what led me here or not, but congratulations either way because its an amazing achievement

really I think congratulations all round because your 2008 seems to have been amazing and I hope 2009 is the same if not better (if that's possible!)
xxx

Anonymous said...

Your 2008 looked amazing, hoping 2009 is even more magical!

Valerie said...

Happy New Year Lupin and well done on your well deserved success - may it continue and grow!