Sunday 28 December 2008

Secret Sewing

Now that Christmas is over, presents have been opened and surprises can no longer be spoiled... here are a couple of badges I made as gifts this year:
A sweet and simple donkey silhouette for someone who dreams of owning an orchard and two donkeys ... ... and a replica of the Penguin Books logo to adorn the jacket of a Penguin nut. Not the most original things I've ever made, I know, but I put a lot of love into the stitching and they seem to have been well-received! The little Penguin badge in particular was rather fiddly - very satisfying when it was finished, and totally worth it to make the badge a wearable size.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the recipient of the little donkey and he is just wonderful. I pinned him on immediately and showed him round with much pleasure. Thanks Babe.

Chris said...

Are you kidding? the stitching is the love! these are sweet.

happy 2009 to you!

Rhiannon said...

Oh my! That penguin is totally and amazingly unbelievable!
(confession - also a penguin nut, but it comes with the territory of english student!)

Your friends are both very lucky
x

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of your stitches. You've inspired me in so many ways - Love the penguin! And, I would like to thank you again for sharing your gift wrapping ideas over the past few weeks - Wonderful!

Ali said...

I'm gasping in awe at the penguin who is terrific. What wonderful presents.

OMB said...

The penguin is very cute. What a fantastic gift to receive.

Beth said...

Those turned out great!

April said...

How cute...I love the donkey!

Unknown said...

The penguin is fantastic!! Happy new year, x

Christina said...

I love these! The penguin is beyond adorable!!!