Tuesday 24 June 2008

Where does the time go?

Actually, I know exactly where the time goes: it gets eaten up by sitting at the computer faffing about. Nom nom, yummy spare time says my computer: check your emails! reply to them! file away those pictures! delete the ones you don't need! back them up! start your accounts! hunt around for that photo you put somewhere! look up new cameras! etc etc etc.

Needless to say, I have been goggle-eyed in front of the computer screen for the past few days. It is most dull. I still haven't replied to all my emails. I still have a meeeeeellion photos to label and file, and I still haven't really made much progress with my accounts. Sigh.

I have at least done a couple of scans of my work from this past week, to try to make up in some small way for my lack of a camera. My camera broke on day 280, but after taking lots of lovely photos (hurrah!). I am totally counting photo-taking as craftiness! Then day 281 I moved furniture around to extend my crafty workspace (and rescue my supplies from the depths of the spare room). Even if I had a working camera I couldn't show you this yet as it's still the most embarrasing mess!

So, then this week has been days 282-90 and I've been drawing many many new patterns (staying top secret until I get them sewn!), and also attending to some works in progress. I finished a big batch of doves and bluebirds, which look like this:
And I've also been sewing and embroidering LOTS of oak leaves. The finished ones look like this...... but there are more still to embroider. The leaves are destined to be lots of fun things: necklaces, bracelets, hairbands and brooches. A whole range of leafy accessories :)

4 comments:

Mod and Mint said...

Those bird look very pretty!
And the embroidered leafs do too, i think whatever you'll make with them will be gorgeous!

Karin said...

I'm in love with the little birds! So cute!

Karin said...

I love the bluebirds! The leaves are cool too, I think they would look awesome as hairbands! Gotta go to bed now, I've been sitting in front of the computer way too much, too... /K

Unknown said...

Hi - I love your work. i just thought I'd let you know I've put a little feature of it on my blog www.notanyoldjo.blogspot.com
I'm not as crafty as you, but I appreciate all things arty. I'm an art director in advertising so always keeping my eyes peeled for interesting bits and pieces. Take a look if you need any inspiration, I have lots of interesting links, as well as my work. Keep it up! jo:)