Sunday 8 June 2008

Taking Stock

Where does the time go? The whole of yesterday got swallowed up by an assortment of tasks and a variety of entertainments, leaving no time for blogging whatsoever. So it's time for another mini catch-up...

Day 272: I took a small break from my accounts to work on sewing pastel mobile pieces onto their ribbons:
Then yesterday (day 273) I finished the mobile:
I also did a stock take. Counting, labelling, tallying, listing, tidying, photographing, planning, plotting, scheming. Working out what I've got listed where, writing lots of to do lists, and generally covering the house with a big pile of felt. I couldn't resist taking photos of all my brooches (well, most of them anyway)...
... and then there were so many flowers they needed their own picture!
It's pretty cool seeing them all together like that, and very satisfying. I love making all kinds of random things out of felt, but I'm also trying very much to develop my own style, and cohesive "collections" of designs that work well together. Getting everything out and looking at it every now and then is an incredibly useful part of that process. So many things to do...

3 comments:

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Oh, I love the bright colours of all the goodies you have made. Wonderful!

Mary

Amanda said...

*drool*

Your so productive! And I just Love all your designs - you have an excellent eye for colour m'lady!

Could you bottle some of your mojo for me and send it my way? I am "she whom doth think of it - but her laziness preventeth her" as far as crafting goes... although I do seem to have the energy to make up words...?

Amanda
xxx

Juddie said...

I'm speechless! These are all so wonderful ....