Monday 16 June 2008

Packing Up

Yesterday and today I have been working on a list of crafty projects (and the necessary supplies for said projects) to take away with me on holiday this week. My actual packing (clothes, useful equipment etc) will be done at the last minute - I figure I can always wear clashing clothes for a day or two with no bad consequences, or buy a tube of toothpaste when I get there, but not having remembered that certain shade of felt I need? Disaster! :)

I'm just going to visit my folks, leaving the boyfriend in charge of watering the plants (poor plants!) ... and there will be plenty of relaxing time to sew (not least because they have a television, and the wonder of digital channels, so I will probably be glued to the box for the first 24 hours and need something to keep my hands busy!). Last time I went away I got stuck with no internet at the same time, so I was seriously productive, making lots of batches of brooches - see them here and here. This time I'm concentrating on bigger projects that have been stuck in my WIP box for ages because I'm forever being distracted by other things. Like taking a serious novel on your hols, I'm hoping the absence of lighter crafting will force me to get stuck in and get them finished.

In other news: I have been doing a most egotistical bit of google-searching this week, tracking down mentions of my blog, shop and flickr in preparation for a shout out to various lovely people who've given my work a mention over the past couple of months. The most recent of these is Craftershock, who featured my work today & gave my Crafting 365 group a mention (though I don't think they guessed that it's actually my group! hehe). Looking back, I remember starting my own project in frustration at having done nothing crafty for a whole month and then tentatively setting up the group on Flickr in the hope that one or two people might join in... I googled "crafting 365" to check if it was being used already somewhere and hardly anything came up. Today google gave me 21,300 results (okay so it's only about 200 when google removes the "similar results" but still...), and our group has 653 members. So much crafting!

1 comments:

That Crazy Ajumma said...

200 is fantastic!
I'd be grateful for one or two google results lol.
Have a good time with your folks!
I can't wait to see what new stuff you'll have finished.
I love your work!