Saturday 13 July 2013

What I'm Working on this Weekend

A lot of my working time this year has been spent designing on tutorials for books (including the projects for my new book, which is out in just two months time! eeek!) & magazines... which has meant lots of me blogging about how I'm working on "secret" projects, and me being so deadline-focused that I've not really had the time (or the head space) to think up new tutorials to share with you guys.

Basically, I have been neglecting you a bit! Sorry :)

So, to make up for this I've decided to dig out some old designs (and a bunch of new ones from my sketchbook) and turn them into a whole series of tutorials for my blog. I hope you'll enjoy them!

Here's a peek at some of the old designs which will be making an appearance:


I've also got a few tutorials planned which are kind of "variations on a theme" - ideas for adapting some of my previous tutorials and using the patterns in different ways. This is going to involve (among other things) lots of owls.


You can never have too many cute owls, right??

4 comments:

Debra said...

Is that an underpants brooch? I am going to make that one! I just wish I'd seen it in time to wear when the author of the Captain Underpants books came to my library for a visit.

Kay said...

This will be fun for us. I love the look of the party ring biscuits. Of course, you never can have too many owls either.

April said...

I love the owls..they are so cute!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Debra - yes, it is a pair of lucky underpants! :)