Friday 25 November 2011

Email Hiccups, a Milestone and A New Workspace

A bit of annoying news: I've unfortunately been having a few problems with the email address connected to my website www.lupinhandmade.com over the past few weeks.

It turns out that on and off my email has been randomly not sending my messages (but giving me no sign that my message hasn't been sent) and also eating messages sent to me (but not sending people delivery failure notices). Such a nuisance!

So, if you've sent me an email in the past few weeks and are wondering why I haven't replied, chances are I've either not received it or I have received it and I think I've replied already. Please use this address to get in touch with me again and I will get back to you as soon as possible: aelspeth [at] gmail [dot] com

A bit of good news: I'm approaching 4,500 items sold over in my Etsy shop! Eek! It makes my brain boggle a bit when I think about that number in terms of things like parcels packed, Post Office trips made and shipping notification emails sent, and I am so incredibly thankful to have had so many lovely customers over the years who have supported my little business :)

To celebrate reaching this milestone, items 4,500 to 4,510 sold through my Etsy shop will all be sent with a free gift. There will be one freebie per item, so if you bought 3 things between numbers 4,500-4,510 you'd get 3 free gifts.

There will also be extra treats the day I hit that nice round number, which I'll be announcing on Twitter and on Facebook - keep your eyes peeled for more info.

Finally, a bit of very exciting news: I'm getting my own workspace! Double eek! As regular readers will know, I've never had my own studio or office space but have always just worked at the kitchen table or on the sofa in the evenings so I'm quite thrilled by the prospect of having a dedicated space for my business.

Regular readers will also know that I've recently had to move back in with my parents. Well, after a few weeks of working out of their study (which is currently stuffed to the gills with all things felty and lots and lots of envelopes), plus everyone tripping over all my boxes... my parents have very generously offered to let me take over a spare room to store all my stuff from my old flat & use as a studio space while I'm living here. Hurrah!

Here's a quick snap of one corner, with the first lot of shelves in situ:


It's all looking very bare at the moment but oooh, it has so much potential :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for workspace! In the run up to Christmas crafting, I've taken over the kitchen table and a coffee table in the living room! Longing for my won workspace :)

fluffydog said...

All that space. I have just made the kitty purse from your book for a present for a friend's little girl for her birthday and it was a joy to make. Thank you.

Made in Suisse said...

Hurray to the positive developments in your life...arranging your craft studio will be so much fun!

cottonreel said...

My email page has been altered and I,m up the creek . Cannot attach files .

Unknown said...

Hurrah for the new workspace...sounds like everything is starting to look really great!
That's an amazing amount to have sold on etsy, I've just opened an etsy shop and am wondering if I'll ever get past one sale!!
Happy wekend.

Unknown said...

Ohhh exciting, can't wait to see pictures once you have decorated your new crafty space. I hope you enjoy your new space. x

Tumus said...

Oh that's really exciting! What's funny is it looks like alot of space now but you'll manage to fill it up very quickly :) It's nice to be able to leave things out and come back to it later.

Manu said...

working on the kitchen table... yeah, i know how it feels :/

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Have fun setting up your workspace and congratulations on 4,500 items sold!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks guys! It's really great to have these positive things after all the chaos of the past few months of the move, etc :)