Thursday 3 February 2011

Felted Sweater Shopping

The postie delivered a great parcel last week - a big box full of felted woollen sweater pieces. Yum.


I've felted a few wool sweaters myself in the past but wanted to add a selection of bright colours to my stash without having to bother buying and shrinking and storing a gazillion bulky thrift store garments.

So I searched on Etsy instead and found Do Dad Chick who was selling just what I wanted: selection packs of small sweater pieces, in all sorts of lovely colours.


I'm really excited to have all these fab colours to play with, the texture of recycled sweater felt is so different to the felt I usually work with, all sorts of new crafty possibilities are opened up!


(All photos are from Do Dad Chick's Etsy shop)

7 comments:

Halász Csilla said...

kíváncsi vagyok mi lesz belőle!!!!!!!!!!!!:)))

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant discovery! I just know I would love an item made out of this material so much more. <3

Claire Maunsell said...

This might interest you too...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62797364/how-to-make-felt-strips-from-recycled
I love her work too!

Ms Muffin said...

Lovig these. They look so cozy!!!!

Emma said...

Gasp! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Tumus said...

Felted sweaters are great when you can get them already felted. Though I've had some success with felting it's alot of elbow grease :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you working with recycled materials! Way to go and what a great time saving idea to find someone who's already shopped, felted and cut up the materials for you! Happy felt crafting!