Wednesday 26 May 2010

Knit in Public Day

Did you know it's world wide knit in public day soon?

Our knitting group are celebrating it with a picnic on June 12th and I was set the task of taking a suitably summer-y knitting photo for the poster...


The knitting project I'm working on at the moment isn't summer-y at all - a cosy scarf in lovely soft grey "mega chunky" yarn.

It's a great "instant gratification" project as the scarf knits up so quickly! Though I have frogged (unravelled) it twice so far as I kept knitting it too wide (it's ended up as only 10 stitches across). I've never used really chunky yarn before and I'm loving how it makes even the simplest of stitches look fantastic!

7 comments:

Fiona said...

That's a great picture. Just right. I bet your group are well pleased with it.

Unknown said...

I love big fat yarn! I knit year round too. My favorite fatty yarn is the Cascade Magnum line. It's super soft and comes in a zillion pretty colors. Wool of course. The best part is that you can whip out a scarf in short order and feel like you got something done!

Millie D said...

On my calender it says that 12th June is the Queens Official birthday so I don't suppose she will be joining in with the knit in public day! I'm going to tho:)
Millie

Laura said...

I love chunky yarn - especially the thick and thin stuff as it's so interesting and fast to knit with! Perfect for gifts not started in plenty of time!

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Hi! Thanks for letting me know about this! The photo of the chunky knit scarf in progress is so cool. I hope you enjoy your day, I'm thinking of joining a group too.

Silly Little Sheep said...

Crafting outdoors is the best!! :)