Friday 21 May 2010

Etsy Friends

I had a day out in Bristol yesterday, doing some shopping and meeting up with Lisa of Seaurchin and Nicola of Pouch.

We all "met" through selling on Etsy, and have grown to be friends after months of chatting online about all the ups and downs of running a crafty business. It was lovely to finally meet them properly and to have a good natter, and the weather was perfect for a stroll round Bristol.

Lisa sweetly brought two of her necklaces with her, one for me and one for Nicola. I'm totally in love with mine:


Unfortunately we were too busy chatting to take photos on the day ... but we're planning another get together soon, so hopefully we'll remember to take some pics then!

8 comments:

Tumus said...

aww ^_^ It would be nice to have closer Etsy friends for one reason or another the midwest feels isolated lol.

That necklace reminds me of a full moon :)

Meredith said...

How neat for you all to be able to meet in person! I pray it was a fantastic visit. The necklace is very cute!

-Meredith

Ampersand Commodities said...

lovely necklace, im going to bristol soon...for a birthday trip...im really looking forward to a stroll along park street!
glad you had a fun time
x

Anonymous said...

Oh that's nice to be able to meet up with Etsy friends. The necklace is sweet. I just started a blog and put you on my blogroll.

Helen Smith said...

Oh lucky you - I love Lisa-Seaurchin's work. It is nice to meet people for real and put a face to the name :)

Unknown said...

Hi Lupin
I just wanted to thank you for the owl template you posted a while ago for an owl softee. I used it to sew 15 small owls in pink and orange as party favours, and owl large owl for the party girl. They were a complete hit. I have photos if you would like to see them, but have no idea how to send them to you.
Best regards
Tracy

Bugs and Fishes said...

Hi Tracy, thanks for your comments! Great to hear you've been making lots of owls. If you leave a comment with your email address (this won't be published, I promise!) I'll send you a message :)

Me, You and Magoo said...

Only just spotted this! Was lovely to meet you 'in person' and Lisa was so kind to bring us a gift each. I have about 4 of her necklaces now, I'm turning into a collector :)