My skirt made from a lovely but ill-fitting & damaged vintage dress is now finished!
I hand stitched it while watching an episode of Miss Marple and a cheesy afternoon movie, and though there were a few fiddly bits it was surprisingly easy.
I removed the long, broken zip and replaced it with a six inch one bought from the local market for about £1.30...
... and after chopping off the top of the dress, I folded the excess fabric over twice to make a new waistband. This was a bit tricky as the dress was darted from the waist but I got there in the end!
My dressmaking skills are by no means perfect but I'm really pleased with how it turned out and very proud of myself for attempting it in the first place.