Wednesday 3 March 2010

Snowy Owls

Last night I made a trio of snowy owl brooches:
The story behind these is a pretty typical one for me - I made a snowy owl brooch over a year ago as a thank-you gift, thought about developing the design and maybe doing a range of owls, did some quick drawings ... then put them away and forgot about them.

Then last night I felt in the mood to work on something new, rummaged through my stash of doodles for inspiration and found my owl sketches. I spent a very happy evening sketching and re-sketching lots of different owls, and ended up with a couple of designs that still need some tweaking plus some finished snowy owls which I just adore. They look how I wanted them to look when I first started sketching, and I think that's all I can really ever hope for!

I'll be adding them to the shops tomorrow, and hopefully it'll take me a lot less than a year to get my next owl design finished...

20 comments:

Three Owls said...

those are brilliant....love the owls.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I've been following your blog for a couple of weeks now - just have to tell you that your work is beautiful! I love working with felt and feel so inspired every time I visit your blog. :o)

The owls are adorable!

A Time for Stitching said...

The owls are great - your best design yet I think. Teresa

Unknown said...

I love them. hugs from Italy

Clair said...

Those are gorgeous. Really inspired and beautifully carried out.

JO SOWERBY said...

oooh my fave bird owls...........please make some more
Jo xxx

Zohar said...

Oh those are lovely! great job!

Cat McLaughlin said...

lovely little owls - they make me think of Hedwig :)

Unknown said...

LOVE THEM. That is all.

Anonymous said...

the owls are beautiful!

Alice Regan said...

Your work is absolutely stunning! I follow your blog simply because I love looking at your beautiful designs!

tomokotahara said...

They are so cute.Love them!

Eta said...

Those are great and cute. I like all of your works. :o))

Anonymous said...

Ooooh they are lovely! x

nicedaydesigns said...

Oh these are so lovely...they make me think of Hedwig too, in a really cute subtle way, not in a 'I'm wearing a Harry Potter brooch' way.
O think these and your cameras are now my favorites!

ROROISM said...

oh ah!
finally something great and white at the same time. congrats

Fiona said...

They are lovely.
And I have to that the quality of the felt that you sell through your shop is excellent. Far superior to anything I have bought previously.

Rush'd Lady said...

Cute Owls!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Oh, thanks so much for the sweet comments you guys - I'm so glad you love the owls as much as I do! I'm definitely keeping one of these for myself :D

OddSox aka Thesockgarden said...

They're perfect. I just want to keep looking at them! x