Saturday 20 March 2010

The joys of springtime

Spring has well and truly sprung here in the UK! It's a bit chilly and overcast today, but we've had a couple of weeks of gorgeous sunshine and blue skies which has been very welcome after such a cold winter.

The change in the light is wonderful (not least because it makes it so much easier to take photos!) but mostly I love the arrival of spring because it gets me thinking about colour.

I want to wear all the bright colourful patterned things in my wardrobe after a winter bundled up in black and dark woollen sweaters... and the vibrant colours of the spring flowers provide lots of inspiration when I'm crafting.


We don't have a garden to enjoy, but these hyacinths are currently making my whole house smell quite delicious!

3 comments:

Three Owls said...

oh so lovely....I always love the close inspection of flowers and all the subtleties of colour...aahhhh. Bliss.

Aarti Badamikar said...

very very pretty!! :)

Mandy said...

Lovely flowers. Spring is great for inspiration. It's always nicer to do things when it is warm, and I don't want to spend every minute wrapped in a blanket