Thursday 25 March 2010

Business cards

After several years of selling online I have finally had some proper business cards made to send out with my orders! Hurrah!

Having ordered a few really high quality cards from Moo earlier this month to test out which images worked best, I fell in love with the riot of colour in this image...


... and ordered a big batch from another printing company. Moo cards are great but they're not really a cost effective option for me as I send out so many parcels. I got my new cards from 123Print and though they're not quite as perfect as the Moo cards (& I might experiment with different weights of card / different finishes in future) they do the job very well.

Today was a parcel packing day so I took a quick snap of one of my new cards in action, tucked into a bundle of pastel felt with one of my handmade thank-you notes. I always include a little handwritten note with my orders and make the cards myself whenever I have the time.


I'm loving the extra bit of colour the cards add to my parcels and - fingers crossed - hopefully some of my customers will keep the cards for future reference or use them to pass my details on to friends, etc instead of just recycling them!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a thumbs up from me - I think you're new business cards will do their job very well.

Unknown said...

wow, those look fantastic!! they almost look 3-D!

SarahLP said...

They look fantastic.. and what a sweet looking parcel!

Unknown said...

Mmmmm. I like that, I do.

Tumus said...

I agree with the Moo cards not being very "price effective". I looked at a few of my images and they really looked great on them but like you during my busy season I send out too many packages to balance the cost of the Moo cards.

Maybe when I'm famous lol.

Islay said...

Lovely! I wish I could afford to have Moo cards to send out with every order but you're right, it's just not practical when you're talking about frequent supplies orders.

Anonymous said...

Have just received my parcel - the cards are great! Thanks. Amber

Bugs and Fishes said...

Glad to hear the parcel arrived nice & quickly, Amber! :)

desi said...

hi there!! :)

I also work with felt but is still learning...what glue can i use? how did you stick the felt heart to the paper on your thank you note? :)
desi
x

Bugs and Fishes said...

Hi Desi, I don't use any glue in my felt crafting - and I used double-sided sticky tape to make the heart cards: http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.com/2010/02/love-notes.html

TopCat76 said...

They are fab cards - I've kept the one I received the other day in my "must not lose pile"!

Jennifer | The Make Lounge said...

They look lovely!