Wednesday 9 September 2009

Paper Poms

I've been meaning to try making some Martha Stewart style paper pompoms for simply ages, and after wrapping up lots of packs of mini felt squares in tissue paper this week I found myself with a bit of spare time and some spare tissue paper and gave it a go!I made a pompom half the size of Martha's, and though it turned out a bit wonky and I didn't cut the ends nearly enough (giving less of a 'petal' effect than I'd hoped for) it's still rather fun...
.. and for 5 minutes effort, it makes a lot of impact!Full instructions for making your own can be found here (I just used yarn tied with a knot instead of twisting some wire, and it seemed to work fine)

7 comments:

Janina Modaal said...

that looks nice!

S said...

That is really pretty - would be great for a dinner party :-)

lucky girl m. said...

My mom bought me a kit the other week and it has just been sitting on my desk. You've inspired me to open it and try it out!

jennifer | the make lounge said...

I've been meaning to make some of these for our new shop - yours look great!

Ellieboo said...

So lovely - I will definitely have to make some of these

Rebekah said...

I made a few of these for my daughter's 1st birthday party, then hung them in her bedroom after the party was over. She's almost 3 and I still love the way they bring the slightest hint of movement to the space. I supplemented the ones I made from scratch with the ones from Martha's kit and they've all held up very well. Fluffy, puffy loveliness!

Unknown said...

Oooh I made these recently too - loads of fun but mine ended up wonky too - the tissue I used was old wrapping tissue from some present or other so not as pretty looking as yours!