Friday 25 September 2009

Felt Feathers

UPDATE: want to sew your own bird mask? You'll find a step by step tutorial over on my Patreon page.

Subscribe to get instant access to a growing library of PDF embroidery patterns and craft tutorials, and updates when I add something new!

---

Last night was one of those lovely relaxing crafty evenings - chitchat, a warm blanket, good stuff on the telly and a nice easy task to keep my fingers busy: cutting out lots and lots and lots of felt feather shapes for some tropical bird masks.Each bird mask has six feathers sewn onto it, so making a batch of masks means cutting out lots of feathers. Hopefully I'll get them all sewn on before I bump into the table and knock all those tiny pieces onto the floor...

7 comments:

corycoakley said...

oh sweetie, you both awe and inspire me. And make me want to buy a programmable cricut (or something like it) that can cut felt!!!!! All those feathers!!!! Are your fingers aching from holding the scissors yet?

Mary said...

I love seeing your work in progress shots! Can I ask what type of scissors those are sitting on the table? Are they special for cutting felt/fabric?
Thanks!

nicedaydesigns said...

I had a similar night recently when I was cutting out 390 felt hearts to make just under 200 wedding favours, my fingers wanted to die afterwards but it was nice to do something that I could just switch off my brain

Bugs and Fishes said...

Mary - they're embroidery scissors, I think? Very comfy handles and the small blades are great for cutting out small and fiddly felt shapes :)

Tumus said...

I know what you mean about cutting out lots and LOTS of felt shapes. After the wedding madness dies down I'll be cutting out lots and LOTS of doggie shapes for Tumus and many more small bits for Pinpinn's pincushions lol.

I'm on the look out for better scissors though as I think I've sharpened the blades for the last time!

Clare said...

Your in progress pictures always look so satisfyingly organised (i'm sure I have told you this before) they make my work desk look like a bomb has hit it. I swear I would want to get on with projects much more if it looked like this!

Donna Jones said...

Yes I know what you mean about the tidy WIPs - tho my chaos doesn't seem to contain itself to the work desk either, but migrates to all corners of the house!