Sunday 12 April 2009

Stocking Up

As well as splashing out on fun extras like charms and ribbon, I've been stocking up on all my "everyday" supplies like packaging and thread and - of course - lots and lots of felt. A lovely courier brought me this little lot on Monday...... and after months of looking a little empty one of my supplies cupboards now looks like this:
(Please excuse the terrible blurry photo - the cupboard is in a dark corner of a dark room and my camera is a bit rubbish!)

I've been investigating a few new suppliers, too, and ordering some different types of felt to expand my stash a little. I know I already have quite a bit of felt, but I'm a total fusspot when it comes to choosing just the right colour for a project and love having a choice of shades and thicknesses to choose from.

A range I've wanted to try for ages and finally got around to ordering is Kunin Ecospun felt - made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles. I'm delighted with the colour choices available - lots of variety for a synthetic felt... ... what a pleasure it was to open that parcel! Some of the colours are interestingly mottled, blends of two or three colours, which I've not really encountered before:
Plus Kunin also make a sweet selection of printed felt, which is really lovely quality and frankly adorable: Ooh, thinking of printed felt I also recently treated myself to some patterned felt from Muer on Etsy (patterned felt is always a "treat" as it's so fancy and likely to get used in small decorative snippets only for the most special of projects) .... .... I and may have to snap up some of their delighful gingham print felt as well!

12 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Wow to the quantity of felt and yum yum to those patterned bits - I didn't know they could do that, so I'm having a bit of a double wowzer moment atm!

xxx

Bagladee said...

OMG Felt overload!! I love it, especially the multi coloured polka dots....will you be stocking that one?? I hope so :) x

Pair of Writers said...

That printed felt is adorable and I bet the gingham is too. Isn't it great to have a stocked supply cabinet with so many choices? Love it!

Tumus said...

I use the Kunin stuff for some of my creations. I find it's a bit fussy to sew with sometimes, like it's more "fragile", and it puts out alot of fuzz when cut. Well more than normal wool blend felt LOL.
But the colors are awesome and the supplier is great to work with as well ^_^

Rebekah said...

I don't think I've ever seen printed felt before. I LOVE the print with the undulating lines. Can't wait to see what you do with these!

Gillian said...

Lovely felt stores! That Kunin printed felt is fantastic!

Karin said...

Love the look of that "blended" felt! My local craft shops only carry bright primary colors, which can be fun sometimes, but I really prefer more subtle colors and color combos. I might have to check out that brand!

treaclezoo said...

Hope you've had a restful & re-energising time away... did you manage to make anything with the Kunin felt? I would love to know what you think of it in comparison to the 30:70 blend...

Sara said...

I am loving that printed felt! I've never seen printed felt before (but then, I've never really looked). I love your blog, btw :)

Birdy Moola said...

Wow - you know I've never seen printed felt before ... I love the big stash in your cupboard! xx

Heather Leavers said...

oh my - I had no idea. Wonderful - you should sell tickets for people to just come and ogle your felt stash.

Bugs and Fishes said...

I haven't managed to sew anything with the Kunin felt yet - it does have a bit of a strange texture compared to the soft smooth wool blend felt I'm used to. We shall see!

I won't be adding the patterned felt to my shop but you can buy your own here: http://www.art2craft.co.uk Hobbycraft stores in the UK are also well worth a visit for patterned felt.