Friday 24 January 2014

My 7 Year Blog Anniversary (!)

This time seven years ago I'd had a blog for a whole week. 1685 blog posts later... and here I am, still blogging!

In my first post I wrote "I'm hoping this [writing a blog] will encourage me to make more stuff..."

Given that I now design and make and write about crafty stuff for a living, I'd say that's a mission well accomplished :)

Here are just a few of the things I made that first year:


Blogging helped kickstart my creativity, especially when I began my Crafting 365 Project to do something crafty and take a photo of it each day for a year. Making stuff every day (and getting excited about making things and sharing them on my blog) definitely helped me become a Featured Seller on Etsy that year, which was a huge thing for my baby business.

Taking lots of photos for my blog has really improved my photography skills, and the challenge of taking interesting photos of my work so I could blog about has resulted in some great pics and, in turn, some exciting features.

Blogging also got me started writing craft tutorials, and reviewing craft books... which has led to my blog getting mentioned on / linked to from all sorts of amazing blogs and websites. It's also led to me writing craft books of my own which is something I still sometimes have to pinch myself about to believe it actually happened.  

Plus being part of this crafty blogging community for seven years has been pretty darn awesome!

Thanks so much for all your support, folks xxx

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 7 years, that's amazing....congratulations!

Irene Donovan said...

Well done, you have achieved so much. Hope I am still blogging and crafting in 1 years time never mind 7!

JoyceLM said...

Happpy 7th blogiversary.

bairozan said...

Congratulations and thank you for the inspiration!

Gill said...

Congratulations Laura!!

Pilarín said...


Congratulations on your seventh blog anniversary!!!
XOXO,
Pilarín

homemade@myplace said...

congratulations Laura!!!!
xxxxx ale

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! 7 years is an impressive milestone!

You have accomplished so much and I think it's so inspirational to see how hard work and perseverance can really pay off! Your tutorials and work are always so fantastic and I can't wait to see what you accomplish in the next 7 years!

Susannesblogg said...

Grattis på 7 års dagen! Du gör så fina saker.

aeljot said...

Congratulations :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! I am really amazed that it's been a whole 7 years and very thankful that me from 7 years ago decided to set up a blog on a whim. Good decision, past me! :)

Charlotte said...

wow! That's really impressive! I love your blog and have used loads of your felty tutorials with my kids. Thanks so much :-D

Lily said...

Congrats, Laura! A milestone indeed :) Thanks for all the inspiration and sharing! I love felt work thanks to you and a couple of other creative bloggers.

myriam said...

Congratulations for your blog anniversary Thank you for sharing!

Melissa said...

I have been following your blog for awhile now and I quite enjoy it. Congratulations on 7 years of blogging. I have just started an Etsy shop and made it a goal to have a successful online craft business as well so reading this post and your Featured Seller article on Etsy is very inspiring to me. I hope in 7 years I can look back on as many successes as you have! Thanks for sharing your world with us!

Flora said...

Congratulations! Yours was one of the first blogs I read, and inspired to me to start my own, so thank you, because many good things have come from it.

Here's to another 7 years (at least!) x

Ariadne said...

Congratulations for such developement!AriadnefromGreece!

ct cucubi said...

congrate! and keep blogging B-)

Kristy said...

Congratulations! on the anniversary and all of your achievements.

Studio Paars said...

Congratulations! On to the next 7 years :)
Your blog and your story has been a huge inspiration to me and has helped me take the step of starting my own crafty business. Thank you!