Thursday 16 January 2014

Less Faffing, More Organising

Yesterday was all about paperwork. This is not the most thrilling task in the world, so I've been cheering myself up by using silly pencils :)


I also downloaded and printed a wonderful free calendar from The Elli Blog, so my work and Nice Day Out planning for 2014 can be more organised (and stylish, too!).

 

As well as being a) free and b) lovely to look at, I love how these calendar pages include space for notes. This will be the perfect place to write my "things I need to focus on this month" list for work - projects with deadlines looming, but also projects/tasks I need/want to focus on that might otherwise get neglected in favour of the demands of the things with fixed deadlines and the general everyday "stuff" that is always shouting for attention. 

Crafty stuff has been a little bit squeezed out of my schedule by all this admin, but I did some work on my Stop Faffing sampler last night after neglecting it (yet again!) for ages.

 

There's not much more to stitch now, then I can get it up on display in my studio. I am hoping it will be a good reminder to help me stay focused and get on with the stuff I have planned for this year... and also that this will be just the first of many projects I get off of my "work in progress" list and Finally Finished over the next few weeks and months.

2 comments:

Leanne at Knit me a cake said...

The word faffing is brilliant, and I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does it. :) Leanne x

Bugs and Fishes said...

It is a great word, isn't it! You are definitely not the only one :)